The new school year is going to be here before we know it! We have several self defense classes that are great for everyone, but especially for those heading off to college.
We are offering a Back to School discount if you purchase the Prepared Woman and Mace/Pepper Spray 101 classes at the same time. You will receive a $25 discount off the total when you check out. Parents – If you have a daughter heading off to college, this would be a great gift to give her before she leaves for college.
Black Site classes:
- Monday, 7/22, 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm, Basic Home Defense. Topics covered in the class include alarm systems, home defense firearms and ammunition, safe rooms, barricading, and door/window security features.
- Monday, 7/29, 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm, Home Defense Pistol I. Learn proper techniques for moving through a structure with a pistol, clearing basic rooms and hallways along the way. This course is important for anyone who uses or plans to use a pistol as a primary home defense weapon.
- Tuesday, 7/30, 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Combat Mindset. Learn to prepare for and react appropriately to threatening situations, and how to stay out of them whenever possible. We’ll discuss the proper attitude or”mindset” as applied to everyday life, carrying concealed (if you so choose) and how to apply this mindset to home defense.
- Saturday, 8/3, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm, TKO Tactical Knife Options. This course concentrates on teaching the student offensive tactics for when a deadly threat is presented against the student and a firearm is not available, or it is tactically unwise to use a firearm, and open-hand techniques are not adequate.
- Monday, 8/5, 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm, The Prepared Woman. Women in this class will learn ways in which to identify and avoid compromising situations, techniques for maintaining and improving situational awareness, and basic defensive use of tools such as mace/pepper-spray, taser, knife, and a firearm. Basic self-defense techniques will also be taught and rehearsed.
- Saturday, 8/10, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm, Basic Self Defense. This class is an entry-level basic self defense class that will introduce students to the fundamental aspects of defending yourself with no external tools or weapons.
- Monday, 8/12, 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm, Mace/Pepper Spray 101. This class is an introduction to the basics of carrying and using mace or pepper spray as a defensive tool. Students will learn why mace/pepper spray is effective and how to properly use it in a defensive posture. Each class participant will have a chance to practice spraying with a pepper spray training device, and will get a free pepper spray canister as part of the class.
BluCore Shooting Center classes:
- Wednesday, 7/24, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm, Defensive Shotgun Fundamentals. Learn the fundamentals of shooting a shotgun, and employing the shotgun in a defensive or tactical situation. Great class if you are planning to use a shotgun as a home defense weapon!
- Thursday, 7/25, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm, BluCore Pistol I. Learn the fundamentals of shooting a semi-automatic pistol. This is our most popular class and the foundation for our other pistol classes.
- Wednesday & Thursday, 7/31 & 8/1, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm, Concealed Carry Pistol I. One night will be spent solely on the legal aspects of concealed carry laws. The second night, you will learn about the variety of concealed carry holsters and other options, how to draw from concealment, and practice live fire drills on the range drawing from concealment. Great for all CCW permit holders! You will also earn the certificate necessary to apply for your CCW permit if you do not already have it.
- Saturday, 8/3, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm, NRA Basic Pistol. This class teaches the basic knowledge, skills and attitude for owning and operating a pistol safely. This course meets the training requirement to obtain a Colorado CCW permit.
- Tuesday, 8/6, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm, Complimentary Firearms Safety Class. Great class for prospective and new firearms owners, as well as families. Bring your children with you so they can gain a ‘healthy respect’ for firearms. The class is FREE but we still need you to sign up online for it.
- Wednesday, 8/7, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Low Light Pistol. Many self defense situations take place in low light or no light conditions. This class will teach you how to use light (handheld or weapon mounted) to your advantage.
You can see our full schedule of classes here.
To learn more about BluCore, check out our Website and our Online Store. We offer a variety of firearms training classes including pistol training, rifle training, and more! We also have an online gun store with guns, gear, and ammo for sale.